Start the year on the right foot by having the right range hood. We will check out the best models for every budget and style and see it through Call Dora’s eyes.
There are plenty of range hoods on the market; Call Dora had a headache after looking through all the range hoods currently on the market. So, we want to make it easy for you to pick out the best range hood for your kitchen. We will look at range hoods from vented to ductless range hoods. To choose the model that’s right for you, we will see what Call Dora likes also, don’t be shy to look online for kitchen remodeling ideas and range hood cover ideas. Call Dora recommends Pinterest because he loves pining the images he likes. You also have to keep in mind that you may have to install the appliance and will have to clean it.
We want to make it easy for you, so here is a list of options to consider for your next range hood:
- Kitchen and stove size: To determine whether you’ll need a compact, standard, or custom range hood
- Type: Wall-mounted, under-cabinet, or overhead
- Material: Metal, wood, tempered glass, etc.
- Ducted, vent-free, or convertible options: Check where your duct is located before purchasing.
- Up- or downdraft: Updraft hoods suck air into a vent that typically emits outside, while downdraft hoods pull air down into your cabinetry, filter it and recirculate it into your home.
- CFM: Cubic feet per minute, the rate at which the hood suctions air up
- Fan noise: Anything above 40 dBa is considered audible.
- Price: Range hoods can run anywhere from $70 to $1,500.
- Special features: Timers, replaceable filters, intelligent capabilities, etc.
Best Overall Range Hood
Hauslane Chef Ducted Stainless Steel Undercabinet Range Hood
Call Dora likes to go with the best overall, so it’s no secret we will see that Call Dora loves this Range Hood. The Hauslane Under-Cabinet Range Hood has everything you and Call Dora could ask for in a range hood: moderate price, slick look that works well with most kitchen colors, and 30-inch size that won’t take up to much space. Call Dora doesn’t have an enormous kitchen, so he was happy to hear that it was only 30-inches. The kitchen is where his family is the most, so every inch counts. It offers excellent suction and has six different fan speeds. The lowest mode registers at 42dBa, quite enough so Call Dora can have a conversation while it’s running.
- Call Dora loves quality at an affordable price.
- Six different fan speeds allow for conversation at the lowest speed.
- Versatile venting system with three duct adapter options
- Easy to clean; I’m not sure Call Dora would clean it regularly if it weren’t.
- Only available in two standard sizes.
Best Budget Range Hood
Broan Ductless Undercabinet Range Hood
Although Call Dora loves the best overall range hood, he can’t resist not looking at the best budget range hood. If he saves a bit of money, he can use the money elsewhere, for example, to take his wife out to dinner. To get back on track, the Broan Undercabinet Range Hood is reasonably priced and comes with options. It has three options, two fan speeds, and a built-in charcoal filter that neutralizes odors without venting, making it one of the best range goods available, especially for Call Dora. Call Dora does like to cook his weekly steak…
Because it doesn’t require a complicated air duct connection, you’ll save money on professional installation and music to Call Dora’s ears. So, you can put it in yourself with a few simple tools and spend money elsewhere in your kitchen or take your wife out to dinner like Call Dora.
- Very affordable can install it yourself
- Two fan speeds
- Replaceable charcoal filter
- Hemmed bottom for safety, don’t want to hit your head
- Optional remote control that meets ADA requirements
- Takes only incandescent or halogen bulbs
- The electrical cord is not included ( Call Dora would be pissed)
Best Microwave/Range Hood Combo
Cafe Smart Over-the-Range Microwave Oven
Call Dora already has a microwave, but if you want a new one or a combo to save space, this is the one for you! The Cafe Smart Over-the-Range Microwave Oven has an excellent venting fan speed of 400 CFM-far exceeding the pack of most microwave/range hood combos on the market. This combo is living in the digital world with an innovative Chef Connect feature that automatically activates the vents and surface lights when you turn on a range of elements. It also syncs with your range clock regardless of you have a gas or electric stove. Finally, it comes with an indicator light that alerts you when the filter needs to be replaced.
Smart microwave/range hood combo
Four fan speeds
Wi-Fi enabled with voice control
Crisp, clear LED cooktop lighting
Notifications can be spotty
Best Range Hood For Islands
Cosmo Island Mount Range Hood
If you don’t have a kitchen island, don’t worry because Call Dora also doesn’t have a kitchen island. If you do, the Cosmo Island Mount Range Hood is an excellent centerpiece for your kitchen. The top-vented hood features a luxurious, brushed stainless-steel finish and comes with durable, dishwasher-safe filters that trap grease particles.
- Designed for kitchen islands
- Height adjustable up to 47-1/4-inches
- Soft-touch controls
- ARC-FLOW reusable and washable filters
- Back-draft damper
- Designed to be installed on flat ceilings only
- Lights aren’t dimmable
Best Convertible Range Hood
ZLine Kitchen & Bath Wall Mount Range Hood
If you like flexibility and placement options, the pyramid-shaped Zline Kitchen & Bath Mount Range Hood offers a choice between a vented or ductless extractor unit. It also has fuss-free button controls and tremendous customizable accessories like a matching cooktop.
The convertible design offers the option of vented or ductless
Rust, temperature, and corrosion-resistant
Easy-to-use button controls
3-year parts and lifetime motor warranty
Charcoal filters are sold separately
It fits standard, circular ductwork only
Best Professional-Grade Range Hood
Bertazzoni Wall Mount Convertible Range Hood
If you do a lot of cooking, you’ll want to go for the high-performing and robust Bertazzoni Wall Mount Convertible Range Hood. The price is steep, we aren’t going to lie, but this Italian-designed hood is worth the money. Especially if you both enjoy and do a lot of cooking! It has a chimney-style hoof with three speeds plus a booster function with a maximum flow of 600 CFM forms its internal blower. It pulls smoke and smells out of the air ultra-fast; who doesn’t want that? Also, the delicate piece looks excellent against most backsplashes and cabinet designs.
Extremely high-quality materials and design
Reasonably quiet even at maximum speed
Stainless-steel mesh filters
Telescoping duct cover
Convertible venting; choose between vented and ductless
Expensive, but worth the price for the quality
Best Wall-Mounted Range Hood
Fotile Slant Vent Under Cabinet or Wall Mount Range
The Fotile has an unusual slanted profile, but the Fotile Slant Vent Under Cabinet or Wall Mount Range Hood is still very handsome. It’s very efficient with its clever 90-degree angle, which quietly operates to capture and guide smoke and fumes upwards before they escape into the room. Also, it has an intelligent touchscreen control panel, which is nice if you like technology.
- The sleek design works for wall mounts or under-cabinet placement
- A modern look that matches minimalist cabinet hardware
- Six square feet of coverage (four to five burners)
- Double centrifugal fans ensure strong sucking power
- Very quiet, especially in the lowest setting
- Vented only—cannot be converted to ductless
- One of the heavier range hoods available
- Pricey due to its unique features
Most Powerful Range Hood Exhaust
ThorKitchen Ducted Wall Mount Range Hood
This piece of equipment has 1200 CPM of suction power; the ThorKitchen 48-inch Ducted Wall Mount Range Hood is one of the most robust range hoods on the market. Maybe that is why it is called Thor… Who knows, but it has a commercial-style, 430-grade stainless steel baffle to optimize air purification and grease filtration. It also has push buttons, so you don’t have to worry about a touch screen.
Impressive 1200 CPM of suction power
Extra-large (7-inch) round duct opening
Comes with damper
Stainless steel extending hood cover for 10-ft. ceilings (sold separately)
The fan is a bit noisy
Duct cover not included